A career with The Toronto Regional Real Estate Board (TRREB) offers individuals rewarding opportunities to use their skills and talents to help make a difference in serving our diverse membership of over 56,000 real estate brokers and salespersons across the Greater Toronto Area.
If you’re looking for a challenging career in a dynamic work environment, TRREB is the place to be.
YOUR EXCITING CAREER AWAITS YOU AT THE TORONTO REAL ESTATE BOARD.
TREB is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to fill a full-time, permanent position within the Communications and Government Affairs department. The successful candidate will report directly to the Chief Communications and Government Affairs/Chief Privacy Officer and will be responsible for the duties outlined below.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Chief Communications and Government Affairs/Chief Privacy Officer and the Communications and Government Affairs department.
The role requires a highly organized, self-motivated and experienced professional that is able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with unwavering attention to detail. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential to effectively communicate and collaborate with both internal and external contacts.
A thorough knowledge of company operations, policies, procedures, services and events is required to successfully manage the administrative support for the department. Coordinating schedules, prioritizing appointments, arranging meetings, composing timely correspondence and ensuring that these and other duties are carried out seamlessly are key requirements of the position.
- Answer, screen and direct telephone calls as required
- Proactively respond to questions, concerns and requests for information, ensuring that routine questions and requests are responded to promptly
- Act as liaison between the Communications and Government Affairs department and other TRREB departments, TRREB Members and the public, responding to all inquiries in a prompt and professional manner as required
- Arrange and schedule meetings, including coordinating conference calls, video conferencing, booking rooms, preparing meeting materials, arranging catering, etc.
- Assist with the administration of various Committees and task forces including reservation of meeting rooms, coordination of catering, minute taking, etc.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for departmental staff and Government Relations Committee members attending off-site conferences or events, including handling hotel accommodation, event registration, payment coordination, etc.
- Compose and distribute correspondence, letters, memos, minutes, presentations, reports, graphs, etc. as required
- Develop and maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems that are complete and well organized
- Maintain up-to-date government contact databases, ensuring that media releases and other communication material is sent to the applicable contacts on a timely basis
- Update Government Relations Column on Toronto MLS® – Political Directory, Zoning, Tax Rates, and Municipality Services for all regions of GTA
- Coordinate purchase requisitions and invoice payments for the department, including annual subscriptions, membership renewals, etc.
- Assist with the annual summits for Toronto, York, Durham and Peel Regions and the Commercial Forum, including updating invitation lists, sending email invites, monitoring RSVPs and preparing attendance lists. Assistance at the events will be required
- Assist with other TRREB special events, including on-site assistance as required
- Assist with the administration and coordination of TRREB’s scholarship program
- Assist with the administration and coordination of TRREB’s charitable and sponsorship programs and requests
- Establish and maintain up-to-date records of all TRREB charitable works and web pages
- Perform research and gather information on specific issues as directed
- Order and stock office supplies for the department as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time
HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent will follow safe work procedures, knowing and complying with all health and safety regulations. Personal protection and safety equipment will be used if/when required and they will promptly report any injury or illness, unsafe acts or unsafe conditions immediately to their immediate supervisor.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Business or Office Administration.
- A minimum of three to five years’ experience as an administrative assistant or similar administrative role
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications, particularly PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access and Adobe Acrobat are essential, as well as comfort using the internet as a research tool
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail is required and work must be highly accurate
- Ability to prioritize requests, manage multiple tasks and handle rush situations
- A dedicated and flexible team player with a high energy level, solid organizational and time management skills
- Organizational and time management skills must be excellent in order to coordinate and track schedules, projects and activities
- Professionalism, tact with a high regard for confidentiality are required to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Occasional working attendance at company functions and special events held outside of regular hours is required
- Exposed to sensitive information and thus must ensure that confidential information and/or materials are properly stored and secured
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to the attention of:
Manager, Human Resources
via fax: (416) 443-8134
Note: Please include "Administrative Assistant" in the subject line.
As an employer committed to the principles of employment equity, we encourage applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientation or gender identity. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (2015) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). To request accommodation during the recruitment process, please indicate this in your email.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those short-listed will be contacted.